Hiring Sailing Coaches for 2021
The St. Margaret Sailing Club offers a full Learn to Sail program out of French Village Harbor in Glen Haven, Nova Scotia.
We are looking to expand our program this year to include shoulder seasons and have a dedicated Opti and 420 race team.
We invite interested coaches to apply before February 6th, 2021
|Junior Sail Coach - Wet Feet through CANSail 6, Opti and C420 Race Team|
May and June – Possibly Part-time
July to August – Full-time
September to October – Possibly Part-time
Commensurate with experience and certification
|February 5th, 2021 @ 11:59pm|
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Instruct students and deliver the sailing school programs in a professional manner.
- Provide a safe, fun and educational environment for sailors.
- Prepare for lessons and deliver the Sail Canada curriculum such that the students learn boat handling, sailing theory, earn Sail Canada levels and help sailors reach their goals on the racecourse as applicable.
- Play a role in ensuring club equipment and facilities remain clean, tidy and in good repair throughout the season.
- Maintain records of student achievements, attendance and related program activities.
- Attend local regattas with the Green Fleet or Race team as applicable.
- A positive, friendly and approachable individual.
- Currently registered Sail Canada Instructor – Or planning to obtain certification in the Spring of 2021.
- Current Sail Canada Instructor prerequisites (First Aid, CPR, PCOC, Coach Boat Safety Course, Police Background Check, SAIL Canada Safe Sport Module) or pending completion in the Spring of 2021.
- VHF / ROC Certificate.
- Knowledge and experience in basic boat repairs.
- Previous coaching experiences an asset.
- Experience sailing C420's, Optis or Lasers.
- Race team experience for competitiveness.
- Work productively together as a coaching team.
- Fully committed to upholding a high standard of coaching.
- Regularly update and maintain sailor records and perform CAN Sail evaluations.
- Committed to helping sailors reach their goals.
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed.
- Assist with basic housekeeping of the Junior Sail facilities.
- Available through the core season which runs from the last week of June to the end of August.
- Available for selective additional work including dinghy race night, private lessons as well as spring and fall seasonal preparations.
- Participate in additional program related activities.
Thank you for your interest. You may download a PDF version of this job posting. Please direct any questions and forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.