Please note: Both the Bay Wind and SMAKR regattas have been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns. We look forward to hosing these events once again in 2021.
The St. Margaret Sailing Club hosts regattas each year for keelboats and dinghies on the beautiful waters of our bay. Enjoy our open bay and consistent wind the way we do all summer!
Scheduled regattas include:
- The Bay Wind Regatta (dinghy races) to be held July 2021
- SMAKR- (keelboat races) to be held in August 2021
However....In a year of such uncertainty, there is something FUN on the horizon! As restrictions eased, SMSC has a new plan with these three things in mind:
- Observe COVID-19 restrictions.
- Keep it simple
- Get as many people involved as possible – and have FUN!!
Here is the schedule of events:
Friday, August 7th
- 6:00pm to 10:00pm - Pub Night - Tips in support of weather station.
- 8:30pm - Family Movie Night - "Morning Light" - Canteen Available
Saturday, August 8th
Rain Date - Sunday, August 9th, same times.
- 1:00pm - Keel Boat Races - REGISTRATION REQUIRED - CLICK HERE
- 5:00pm to 10:00pm - Beer Garden
- 6:00pm to 7:30pm - BBQ Dinner
- $8 kids dinner - hotdog or hamburger, juice box, chips, dessert (cake or ice cream).
- $15 adult dinner - hotdog, hamburger or sausage with salads, and dessert (cake or ice cream).
- 7:30pm - Kayak Fun Races - Men's, ladies', kids and over 60 classes - Bring your own PFD (required).
- Dusk - Fireworks - View from clubhouse deck or lawn.
Sunday, August 9th
- 1:00pm - Ladies' Cup - Take-2
The SMICCR Notice of Race, linked below, is the official schedule of races.