SMAKR / SMICCR
Unfortunately, the 2020 SMAKR has been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions impacting the feasibility of holding the regatta on many fronts. SMAKR will be back in 2021. We look forward to seeing you at next year's regatta.
However....In a year of such uncertainty, there is something FUN on the horizon! As restrictions eased, SMSC has a new plan with these three things in mind:
- Observe COVID-19 restrictions.
- Keep it simple
- Get as many people involved as possible – and have FUN!!
We hope that you will plan on participating in some or all of the events planned as a participant or a volunteer. Tickets are required to assist us in planning and ensuring that we meet the current COVID-19 Protocols. There is something for just about everyone!
Here is the schedule of events:
Friday, August 7th
- 6:00pm to 10:00pm - Pub Night - Tips in support of weather station.
- 8:30pm - Family Movie Night - "Morning Light" - Canteen Available
Saturday, August 8th
Rain Date - Sunday, August 9th, same times.
- 1:00pm - Keel Boat Races - REGISTRATION REQUIRED - CLICK HERE
- 5:00pm to 10:00pm - Beer Garden
- 6:00pm to 7:30pm - BBQ Dinner
- $8 kids dinner - hotdog or hamburger, juice box, chips, dessert (cake or ice cream).
- $15 adult dinner - hotdog, hamburger or sausage with salads, and dessert (cake or ice cream).
- 7:30pm - Kayak Fun Races - Men's, ladies', kids and over 60 classes - Bring your own PFD (required).
- Dusk - Fireworks - View from clubhouse deck or lawn.
Sunday, August 9th
- 1:00pm - Ladies' Cup - Take-2
The SMICCR Notice of Race, linked below, is the official schedule of races.
Should you have any questions or want additional information on SMAKR/SMICCR please do not hesitate to contact Graham Dennis, SMAKR Chair at 902 823 1239 or email@example.com.